Portage Township Media

The Student News Site of Portage High School

Portage Township Media

Portage Township Media

The Mighty Ducks Back In Action

The Mighty Ducks Back In Action

The Mighty Ducks movies were the stars of the 90s. With their 3 films in the franchise, the movies hit over 100 million dollars in sales at the box office. It has been 30 years since Gordon Bombay and the Ducks have taken the ice……until now!

The Mighty Ducks Game Changers—a new series to Disney+, tells the story of what happened to the Ducks team 30 years after the original team graduated from their junior hockey days and went off to college. The series stars Emilio Estevez as he reclaims his character as Gordon Bombay, Lauren Graham as Alex Morrow, the loving mother of Evan Morrow, played by Brady Noon.

The beginning of the series begins with seeing how the Mighty Ducks of the present day play. They are tough, violent, and rude. Evan is cut from the team after playing on it for years. In Evan’s defense to keep him on the team, Alex comes in to save the day; however, Evan and Alex are told by Coach T, “I mean at this age if you can’t be great at hockey, it’s like, don’t bother.”

In efforts to keep her kid playing hockey, Alex convinces Evan to start their own team called the Don’t Bothers. It would come to be a team of kids who were also not given a chance to play hockey. The team consisted of Maya, the popular girl, Nick, the hockey player hopeful, Sofi, the good girl with tough parents, and Koobe, the shy, gamer goalie.

With the help of Gordon Bombay, the Don’t Bothers slowly gained talent and confidence in their gameplay. They eventually face off against the Mighty Ducks during the finale in a winner takes all showdown for the Ducks franchise name. The Don’t Bothers beat the infamous Mighty Ducks and they claim the Ducks name as their own!

Season 2 of The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers released September 28th. The Ducks are going to a hockey summer camp called EPIC where it’s not all fun and games like Alex and the team expected. The camp expects athletes to perform at the highest level possible at all times, and the team wasn’t expecting that on their first days of summer. With no summer fun and an all-business camp instructor, will the Mighty Ducks be able to have the best summer ever? Stay tuned in on Disney+ to find out if the Ducks will still fly together. New episodes air every Wednesday.