Portage Township Media

The Student News Site of Portage High School

Portage Township Media

Portage Township Media

My “The Eras Tour” Dream Setlist

I may not be able to go to the “The Eras Tour” this summer, but I can definitely dream about what songs will be performed during a show that encapsulates all eras that Taylor has had. If Taylor keeps her setlist to 3 songs per era or album, I hope she would play these songs for no other reason but to satisfy my soul.

Taylor Swift

1. “Tim McGraw”

• This song was what made Taylor, Taylor. Singing this song that started it all would be a full circle moment for her.

1. “Picture to Burn”

• “Picture to Burn” was the original breakup song. This song can be described as the “roll down all the windows in the rain and scream at the top of your lungs” song. It’s emotion at its finest.

1. “Our Song”

• The memories behind singing “Our Song” with hundreds of people before are too strong to not want to do it again.

Fearless (Original or TV)

1. “Love Story”

• “Love Story” has been played before at the most recent, “Reputation Stadium Tour”. However, it deserves to have a feature moment at “The Eras Tour”. This song is always on the radio, and I dream of the day that I get to sign about Romeo and white dresses.

1. “The Way I Loved You”

• Due to the huge success of the Amazon Prime show, “The Summer I Turned Pretty”, this song needs to be sung live. The most iconic part of the TV show uses this song as the buildup to a dramatic moment between the two main characters. It just makes sense.

1. “Fifteen”

• To me, “Fifteen” will always hold a special place in my heart. This was the most truthful song on Fearless to me because so many of the spoken events happened to me at fifteen. I would love nothing more than to cry and sing along to this at “The Eras Tour”.

Speak Now

1. “The Story of Us (US Version)”

• “The Story of Us” in general is another song that I can really relate to. The idea of telling others the grand story of myself and another is great…until it isn’t. The music video is iconic, the lyrics are still relevant, and most of all, it’s a great song to shout in a car filled with friends.

1. “Enchanted”

• No explanation needed.

1. “Haunted”

• This track has been a personal favorite of mine ever since I started to listen to the “old” Taylor music. The vibes scream (pun intended) pop-rockstar-with-a-bit-of-trauma!

Red (Original or TV)

1. “All Too Well (Ten Minute Version) [Taylor’s Version] [From the Vault]”

• This is the front runner song that Taylor and the fans have chosen as their number one. Instead of “22” or “Stay Stay Stay” as the top song on Red, it’s “All Too Well”. I want Taylor to sing for ten minutes at a time all the time.

1. “I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version) [From the Vault] [feat. Chris Stapleton]”

• This song is really amazing in every way it’s looked at. The music video is wonderfully funny, and the giant jabs in the back from Taylor to Jake Gyllenhaal are far superior to any other Red song.

1. “I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor’s Version)”

• I just simply remember that moment in time when she almost screamed before the chorus and everyone said it sounded like a goat screaming. Too funny not to mention.

1989

1. “Out of the Woods”

• The “Out of the Woods” performance on the “1989 Tour” was just so iconic and dramatic that I couldn’t not put this on my wishlist. The bedazzled bodysuit is one of my all-time favorite costumes of Taylor’s career and I want her to bring it back!

1. “Blank Space”

• “Blank Space” was my first favorite Taylor Swift song. When my mom and I sang it in the car we would have fancy dance moves to go with the lyrics. Good times!

1. “Shake It Off’

• A song for the haters is always my type of song! The breakdown at the end is also so legendary!

reputation

1. “Gorgeous”

• This song sums up my entire life with a guy. I make fun of the way he talks, I sometimes can’t say anything to his face because he is so gorgeous, and neither of us are in a relationship and that makes things worse.

1. “I Did Something Bad”

• If there is a song that saved my life, it would be this one. This song got me through a lot of pain and suffering. If Taylor puts this on her setlist, I’m literally going to purchase a ticket just to see this song.

1. “New Year’s Day”

• On Netflix, the “Reputation Stadium Tour” is available to watch. I watch it all the time. Specifically, “New Year’s Day” when Taylor’s at the piano. This song really resonates with me because memories are more valuable than experiences and I never want a beloved friend to become a stranger.

Lover

1. “Lover”

• Duh! It’s the album title and by far the most romantic Taylor Swift song out there in my opinion.

1. “The Man”

• “The Man” still withstanding is a very popular and confrontational song from Taylor. It tackles female and male indifference in the world. I relate to this song because I’m a drummer and I’m going to be a sports broadcaster which are both very uncommon for girls to be. Taylor could put on such a good performance with her female background dancers and side vocalists because this is a girl’s moment to shine.

1. “Cruel Summer”

• Since the pandemic, Taylor has not had a chance to perform this song live for her fans. I’m hoping that she will come out for this song in a bright pink and sparkly outfit and perform this song with beach balls all around her.

folklore (deluxe version)

1. “august”

• Duh! It’s the most popular song on the album. It’s a given.

1. “cardigan”

• Does anyone else remember the performance of this for the Grammys last year? It was so dramatic and beautiful in its own way, Hoping she will do this on the piano.

1. ‘the 1”

• This is such a sassy song, why wouldn’t it be on the set?

“evermore (deluxe version)

1. “right where you left me (bonus track)”

• What an emotional and true song! I’m hoping that Taylor performs this song because her bonus tracks have the most superior lyrics ever.

1. “willow”

• Again….the Grammy performance was legendary.

1. “‘tis the damn season”

• This song is another one that I imagine her doing an acoustic version of. There’s not much going on in this song anyways either, so a guitar or piano would work perfectly.

Midnights

1. “Karma”

• “Karma” to me would be the most amazing high energy song to perform for the tour. I’m sure she would have a vicious revenge outfit for this number.

1. “Bejeweled”

• There is no universe where she doesn’t perform this. “A diamond’s gotta shine” and Taylor must perform this!

1. “High Infidelity”

• I have no other reason to say that I want “High Infidelity” to be played beside the fact that it’s my favorite song on the Midnights album. The lyrics, “Do you really want to know where I was April 29th?” and “Do I really have to tell you how he brought me back to life?” are so smart and cunning.

Obviously these are my personal wishes mixed in with my favorite song, but nevertheless, I’m so excited to see what will really happen on “The Eras Tour” in a few months.